AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Bob Cox
April 04, 2009 01:58PM
Most AFNI programs save a copy of their command lines into a file named .afni.log in your home directory. This is done to make it easy for you to find out how you ran some program a while ago. A recent example from my own .afni.log file:

[Sat Apr 4 12:26:59 2009] 3dmaskSVD -mask 'Ethresh+orig<999..32222>' -vnorm -input 'epi_vr+orig[1..$]'

showing that I ran the new 3dmaskSVD program today at 12:26.

If you are using some program many many times in a loop, you might get a gigantic .afni.log file. To prevent this, you can turn off logging by setting the environment variable AFNI_DONT_LOGFILE to YES.

If your .afni.log file goes over about 10 Mbytes in size, the interactive afni program will print out a warning message when it starts. This message is in honor of Kevin Murphy, the only person I ever knew who filled up his hard disk with his .afni.log file. Raise a pint of Guinness to Kevin!
Subject Author Posted

Tip: your .afni.log file

Bob Cox April 04, 2009 01:58PM