AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 31, 2014 05:12PM
Hello afni users,

I was running analysis on my data set (125 runs across 8 sessions) in AFNI for the first time using 3ddeconvolve.
My experiment has 3 conditions in blocked design. Baseline: fixation task. A: fixation task with peripheral motion stimulus B:attend to motion. Some percent of the blocks from all three conditions where monkey's fixation has not met the criteria has to be excluded from analysis. These blocks where performance has not met the criteria were considered to be type C blocks.
I ran 3dDeconvovle with conditions A, B, C as my regressors and GLT for A-B. I also included the motion regressors from 3dvolreg.

I am surprised that condition A beta coeff across majority of the voxels are all negative and statistically signfificant with (t <-3 ). even in superior temporal sulcus (STS) for presence of motion. However for condition B, beta coeff looks positive. I computed independentlly a t-statistic for BOLD signal between Baseline line condition and condition A across all voxels. majority of the tvalues are positive and STS voxels show postive t scores.
Can some one see why I might be getting these negative beta values for presence of stimulus for majority of the voxels?

Thanks a lot
Amar
Subject Author Posted

negative beta values

bogadhiar July 31, 2014 05:12PM

Re: negative beta values

Daniel Glen July 31, 2014 06:08PM

bogadhiar July 31, 2014 07:00PM

gang August 01, 2014 12:33PM