AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 04, 2014 05:37PM
Hello all,

This question may be out of bounds but I wanted to ask it because I noticed we had some DTI experts.

I have extracted FA statistics for all of my subjects: the statistics include an Average FA (average over the entire support of the path distribution), Weighted FA (weighted average over the entire support of the path distribution), and Center FA (average over highest-probability path only).

I am trying to determine a few things. Which statistic (average, weighted average, or center) is most commonly reported in publications?

I noticed that for a few of my subjects I am missing the center statistics for a few subjects for the left uncinate fasciculus. I am assuming this means that it did not find an optimal highest probability pathway. In this case, do I worry about the validity of this pathway for this subject? Should I try reconstructing the pathway for this subject with different parameters or exclude them from the analysis all together? I also noticed that a few of my subjects have unusually short path lengths for the highest probability pathway compared to everyone else, is this also of concern?

Thanks again....any advice is appreciated! I am very new to DTI!

Emily
Subject Author Posted

DTI Analyses

Emily August 04, 2014 05:37PM

Re: DTI Analyses

ptaylor August 06, 2014 06:45PM