AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 13, 2003 03:34PM
Hello,
I'm trying to convert the outputs of some matlab-based fMRI data analyses into AFNI format so they can be viewed easily. These functional data are all in the same slice planes as the original EPI data (whose conversion with to3d went fine). Here's what I've been trying to do:

1. Place results from an f-test into "fift" format:
The data from my matlab routines are written in files organized as 2-d slices, with each slice containing the "intensity" in image #0, and the F-value in image #1. Here is the command I used to try the conversion:

to3d -fift -prefix fift_allconds -statpar $numdof_allconds $dendof_allconds \
-session ${sessdir}${outputdir} -4swap \
-xFOV ${fovsize}R-L -yFOV ${fovsize}S-I -zSLAB ${zSLABsize}A-P \
"3Df:0:0:64:64:2:${sessdir}${outputdir}/fift_allconds_???.bfloat"

Unfortunately, to3d seems to order the slice-based data incorrectly, e.g., mapping "intensity" and "F-value" from slice 000 into the "intensity" values for slices 000 and 001. Is there by chance a switch for the "fift" type similar to the "tz" vs "zt" switches for the -epan type that lets you denote the ordering? If not, if I reformat my matlab outputs to store the "intensity" and "F-value"s in separate files, would that work?

2. Place parameter estimates for an arma(1,1) model into "fbuc" format:
The data are formatted slice-wise as above, with 3 arma parameters in consecutive images of each slice. Here is the command that was used:

to3d -fbuc -prefix arma \
-session ${sessdir}${outputdir} -4swap \
-xFOV ${fovsize}R-L -yFOV ${fovsize}S-I -zSLAB ${zSLABsize}A-P \
"3Df:0:0:64:64:3:${sessdir}${outputdir}/arma_???.bfloat";

Unfortunately, the resulting BRIK only holds one value, instead of 3, despite having set "nz" in the data format string to "3." Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!

Subject Author Posted

writing fift's and fbuc's with to3d

Patrick Purdon October 13, 2003 03:34PM

Re: writing fift's and fbuc's with to3d

bob cox October 14, 2003 03:01PM