AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 17, 2005 08:19AM
Folks (probably mostly Bob C):

First, I applaud Bob, Steve and Mark for mounting the NIfTI effort, but it would be substantially easier for us potential supporters if we could readily track it and apply it.

I again find myself trying to make decisions that depend on the state-of-play of NIfTI, and once again not able to find what that is. I would *really* appreciate if the NIfTI folks would maintain one conspicuous page somewhere telling the current status of the standard.

I raised this back in October and a couple other folks also expressed interest. Meanwhile, several posters on the nifti board have raised issues, apparently since the last standards doc was issued, with no responses. In particular, Chris Rorden raises issues I'm also interested in. A State-of-NIfTI doc would perhaps answer some of this.

(Chris: if you're reading, I'd love to know if you think you have the format fully tamed!)

I also strongly urge that key docs have clear version histories; notably the seemingly most-authoritative doc on some details: the nifti1.h header file. Without that it's very difficult to determine what supercedes what.

Thanks,

Graham

Subject Author Posted

Current State-of-NIfTI doc -- repeat request

Graham Wideman January 17, 2005 08:19AM

Re: Current State-of-NIfTI doc -- repeat request

Tom Holroyd January 17, 2005 08:24AM

Rich Hammett January 17, 2005 12:17PM

Alex Clark January 17, 2005 12:52PM