AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 27, 2006 04:09PM
To AFNI-ers,

We are working on defining ROIs using 3dmerge and have run into a snag:

3dmerge allows one to specify how clusters are arranged with options such as "1clust_amax, 1clust_order, etc.".

however, I've found that when using 1clust_order, the program ignores the SIGN (+/-) of the underlying data which leads to two very distinct areas of activity being grouped as one.

To be more specific, we are doing a comparison of Category A vs. Category B. These categories activate adjacent regions in temporal cortex. The output of my multiple regression yields nice negative correlations for CatA and positive for CatB. When I use 3dmerge to separate the two clusters it works ONLY if I use 1clust. However, this picks up ALL clusters that are active. I would like to use 1clust_order so I can select each cluster independently. But when i do, the program ignores the sign and groups the 2 clusters as 1, eliminating the interesting contrast.

Is there an option I am unaware of that will allow 1clust_order to pay attention to the sign and NOT group these two clusters together?

Thanks!

A
Subject Author Posted

3dclust/3dmerge cluster grouping problem

Andrew Bell February 27, 2006 04:09PM

Re: 3dclust/3dmerge cluster grouping problem

Daniel Glen February 27, 2006 04:20PM

Re: 3dclust/3dmerge cluster grouping problem

Stacia Friedman-Hill March 23, 2006 11:36PM