AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Jed Meltzer
August 07, 2008 12:06PM
Hi,

I want to use multi-echo images to compute T2 values for evaluating lesions. I have done this successfully using other software, but if I can do everything in afni I'll be a happier camper, so I was wondering if there is a way.

The equation looks like this:

S = S0 * exp (-TE/T2)

where S is a time series of measured signal values, S0 is the initial signal value, TE is a time series of fixed echo times at which each image is aquired, and T2 is the value that we want to solve for. So this is a single exponential decay, and we want to solve for the time constant. Typically, this is done by a least-squares fit. So I am wondering if there is a program in afni that can do this. So far, my snooping suggests that it could be done in 3dNLFim if I am willing to do some C-programming to design a new signal model for the single exponential decay. So I am calling that plan B, but just wondering if I can find a plan A. Has anyone done this before, or know of any easier way to do it?
Thanks,

Jed
Subject Author Posted

calculating T2 from multi-echo images

Jed Meltzer August 07, 2008 12:06PM

Re: calculating T2 from multi-echo images

Drew August 07, 2008 12:31PM