AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Georgios P Argyropoulos
May 20, 2012 04:12AM
Dear AFNI experts,

good day, hope all's well. I was wondering whether it is possible to directly convert-normalize anatomical and corresponding functional datasets from a subject's original space to MNI space using AFNI. Am I right in assuming that AFNI does that only via talairach-ing as an intermediate stage? If this is so, I was wondering whether this adds noise (original --> Talairach space) on top of noise (Talairach --> MNI space) as compared with a more direct conversion (original --> MNI)? I might of course be utterly wrong, for which I apologize in advance.

Now, re a more methodologically flavored question, I was wondering if one could use values from structural probabilistic atlases to apply a threshold/cut-off point (say, 50% or higher) to the voxels found to be active in group analyses in Talairach/MNI space. Wouldn't this approach somehow enhance the replicability of the results yielded?

Finally, on something quite a bit unrelated, I was wondering whether it is reasonable to still define a minimum cluster size (say, even 2-3 voxels instead of just 1) for the activations yielded by group analyses employing FDR correction (q < .05)?

Many thanks for your time and patience with my rookie questions

best

Georgios
Subject Author Posted

questions on Talairach/MNI space use

Georgios P Argyropoulos May 20, 2012 04:12AM

Re: questions on Talairach/MNI space use

Daniel Glen May 20, 2012 09:48AM

Re: questions on Talairach/MNI space use

Georgios May 21, 2012 02:42PM