AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 23, 2012 03:14PM
Hi everybody,

I've got a question regarding correction for multiple comparisons in the overlap of clusters derived from LME and separately from robust regressions.

Briefly, I've performed some voxelwise LMEs (in R) on task related GLTs produced by 3dDeconvolve. The model was looking at the effect of group, so the R fixed effects model formula was fmri ~ group. There are 2 groups in the study, one control and the other clinical. The f-stat from the LME model was then thresholded voxelwise and corrected for multiple comparisons using 3dClustSim (p-uncorrected =0.05 and p-corrected=0.05).

Separately, using the same GLTs and only in the clinical group from my study, I've performed voxelwise robust linear regressions (also in R) to investigate whether any clusters can be identified from neuropsych measures such as the Beck Depression Inventory. These were also corrected for multiple comparisons in the same manner as above (p-uncorrected =0.05 and p-corrected=0.05).

Now I want to look at the overlap between the 2 sets of clusters, this is a simple 3dcalc command. Now I get to the sticky part, I need figure out how big a cluster in the overlap map should be for it to be significant. Should I simply multiply the corrected p-values from both sets of clusters (0.0025) and feed that into 3dClustSim (with p-uncorrected=0.05)? Should both p-values be multiplied and fed into 3dClustSim? Is this method even valid?

(If you need more info please ask.)

If you've got any thoughts on this I'd be grateful if you could share them.

Thanks,

Colm.
Subject Author Posted

multiple comparison corrections in overlap clusters

Colm Connolly July 23, 2012 03:14PM

Re: multiple comparison corrections in overlap clusters

gang July 23, 2012 05:14PM

Re: multiple comparison corrections in overlap clusters

Colm Connolly July 24, 2012 12:35PM