AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 09, 2012 07:55PM
Most Merciful Emperor Zhark,

1dplot is behaving strangely. I've got several reports to make, only one of which I actually looked for in the source code:

First, the y axis is getting pushed any time there is more than one box, even if the -yaxis option has been given. The -nopush option only makes things weirder:
1dplot -yaxis 0:.15:1:1 '1D:0 0'    #works
1dplot -yaxis -one 0:.15:1:1 '1D:0 0' '1D:0 0'    #works
1dplot -yaxis 0:.15:1:1 '1D:0 0' '1D:0 0'    #y axis from 0 to .16
1dplot -yaxis 0:.15:1:1 -nopush '1D:0 0'    #works
1dplot -yaxis 0:.15:1:1 -nopush '1D:0 0' '1D:0 0'    #y axis from -7.50E-04 to .151, tick marks everywhere!

This looks like it might come from the variable yall in function plot_ts_mem() in coxplot/plot_ts.c, which gets set to 1 in precisely the cases where the push happens, but I haven't been able to isolate what's going on-- it seems like the loop at line 360 of coxplot/plot_ts.c is a duplicate of part of the ypush code, but if that's the problem I can't figure out why it works when there's only one plot box.

The second weirdness has to do with the new(?) and very cool -censor* options. There seems to be some interaction between using * as a run index in -CENSORTR and the various label and axis options which causes 1dplot to censor with strange colors:
1dplot -concat '1D:0 3' -CENSORTR '1:0-1,2:0-1' - '1D:0 0 0 0 0 0'    #works
1dplot -concat '1D:0 3' -CENSORTR '*:0-1' - '1D:0 0 0 0 0 0'    #censors in black
1dplot -plabel '' -concat '1D:0 3' -CENSORTR '*:0-1' - '1D:0 0 0 0 0 0'    #censors the first block in black, the second in blue
1dplot -plabel '' -concat '1D:0 3' -CENSORTR '*:0-1,*:0-1' - '1D:0 0 0 0 0 0'    #censors the first block in black, the second in green
Setting -censor_RGB has no effect when the colors are scrambled.

Additionally, giving more than one -censor option results in discarding all but the last; this is consistent with 3dDeconvolve but it could be clearer in 1dplot -help that that's the program's intended behavior, since the help on -censor is immediately preceded by a section on cool things you can do with multiple -censor and/or -CENSORTR options.

I've been pushing lately to make quality-checking my data easier, and the -censor options on 1dplot make me very happy. Thanks much for adding them and hope this helps!

Isaac

UPDATE: Commenting out lines 360-377 of coxplot/plot_ts.c and rebuilding did indeed make -yaxis work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 05:12PM by Isaac Schwabacher.
Subject Author Posted

1dplot weirdness

Isaac Schwabacher October 09, 2012 07:55PM

Re: 1dplot weirdness

Bob Cox October 15, 2012 03:29PM

Re: 1dplot weirdness

Isaac Schwabacher October 15, 2012 04:10PM