AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 06, 2013 06:03AM
Hi
I am thinking of using AFNI as a real-time fmri analysis tool, however, the system we are working on is closed, and as such file output is limited. WHat he have managed is to export par/rec (philips 3t scanner) in real-time to an external computer. Can rt-AFNI read this in some way?

Also, I found this Dimon program, wich listens to image acquisition? and among other features, send a copy to rt-AFNI external program?
What I didnt see however, what prerequisites are there for using Dimon on scanner console? The scanner system doesnt export to Dicom before after finished run as far as I know, and manipulation of process in between acquisition and export is not "legal" as the scanner is in full clinical use as well. But if this Dimon program only "listens" to data flow from scanner to console, then I cant see any problems.

Could anyone point me to information regarding Dimon that answers the questions above, and if rt-afni can read par/rec format by "listening" to a datadump folder. The last option would be favourable.

Any responses are appreciated.
Thanks,
André N
Subject Author Posted

Afni for real-time analysis of par/rec files

Andre N March 06, 2013 06:03AM

Re: Afni for real-time analysis of par/rec files

rick reynolds March 06, 2013 10:43AM

Re: Afni for real-time analysis of par/rec files

Daniel Glen March 06, 2013 12:28PM