AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Anonymous User
May 31, 2013 04:56PM
hi, let's say i have a gray matter mask such as the one output by FAST tissue segmentation, and instead of using some bulky MNI labels or freesurfer to segment the cortex, i want to just chop it up into say n small regions, call these my 'micro-rois' (i would want ~500-1000).

also, i want to classify each region according to its distance from a certain reference point, say, the thalamus ... so the 'value' of each micro-roi would be the distance in i,j,k, from the thalamus.

does anyone know how i might go about this in afni? to recap, i want to partition a gray matter mask into 500-1000 small rois, and assign each of those rois a value based on its distance from a fixed reference point.

oh and incidentally, does anyone know how to get the 'center of mass' of a certain roi, in i,j,k coordinates?

thanks,

Russell
Subject Author Posted

divide brain into small, evenly sized regions?

Anonymous User May 31, 2013 04:56PM

Re: divide brain into small, evenly sized regions?

Bob Cox June 04, 2013 11:25AM

Anonymous User June 12, 2013 02:53PM

nick June 04, 2013 11:42AM

Sally Durgerian June 04, 2013 11:53AM

Anonymous User June 12, 2013 02:30PM