AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 07, 2013 12:39AM
Hi all,

I have a two questions about performing a regional homogeneity analysis.

1. Is it best to smooth before or after ReHo? I've found examples of smoothing first (Wu 2008; Yao 2008 ) and, alternatively, ReHo first (Liu 2010; Shukla 2010).

2. I have found some papers in which individual KCC maps were normalized via dividing by a mean KCC value. But I'm not sure whether to divide each individual map by it's own mean KCC value (Wu 2008; Yao 2008), the mean KCC of all subjects, or the mean KCC of all subjects within that group (Wu 2007). Which might be the ideal route to go? Or, would it be terrible to not perform this step? I intend to compare ReHo values between multiple groups.

Thank you!

Thomas
Subject Author Posted

ReHo smoothing & normalizing

Thomas August 07, 2013 12:39AM