AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 31, 2013 12:01PM
Good Afternoon,

I am trying to use the tractography command 3dTrackID for the first time today. I have two questions about this command:

1. Does the input tensor dataset HAVE to be a direct output from AFNI's 3dDWItoDT command? I am asking because I am trying to perform a tractography analysis on a DTI template from the Illinois Institute of Technology (http://www.nitrc.org/frs/?group_id=432) and I do not believe they used this command to create their tensor files.

2. I noticed in the documentation for 3dTrackID that INPREF_V1, INPREF_MD, INPREF_L1, and INPREF_FA volumes are needed to perform the tractography. What I have tried is using 3dTcat to concatenate the principle diffusion direction vector (V1), the mean diffusivity volume (which I calculated using L1, L2, and L3 from the link I posted above), the principle eigenvector (L1), and the fractional anisotropy (FA). When I tried to run 3dTrackID with 2 ROI's (-logic AND), I saw the following output in the terminal. What may this error be suggesting that I am doing wrong?

| ++ version: MU
|
|
|MemAlloc failure.

Thank you,
Nikolai
Subject Author Posted

3dTrackID Issue

NikolaiMickevicius December 31, 2013 12:01PM

Re: 3dTrackID Issue

ptaylor January 01, 2014 05:27AM

Re: 3dTrackID Issue