AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 15, 2014 12:30AM
Howdy -

Just got done tracking down a confusing thing that resulted from my misuse of 3dClustSim. I have the blur estimates in a file, so I was supposed to issue a command like:
3dClustSim -fwhmxyz `cat blur_est.1D` ...
but what I actually did was:
3dClustSim -fwhmxyz blur_est.1D ...
This was easy to confuse partly because other AFNI programs take 1D filenames as arguments; and also because 3dClustSim didn't complain that I passed a non-tuple (non-number in fact) as the argument to -fwhmxyz. I finally tracked this down when I looked in the generated .niml file and noticed that the blur estimates were all set to 0. Nothing else about my misuse upset the workflow -- 3dClustSim didn't generate a .mask in this case, but my script calling 3drefit still attached the clustsim results to a dataset, only generating a warning that the mask filename I told it to expect was missing.

It might be nice to either fail violently if -fwhmxyz gets anything other than a triple of floats; or else to try to interpret the arg as a filename; although that could be a pain to parse since 10.29 (for instance) is a valid filename on most POSIX filesystems. So maybe failing violently is better and easier.

Anyway, figured that might save somebody else some pain.
Subject Author Posted

Feature request: 3dClustSim -fwhmxyz

shanusmagnus July 15, 2014 12:30AM

Re: Feature request: 3dClustSim -fwhmxyz

rick reynolds July 15, 2014 09:08AM

Re: Feature request: 3dClustSim -fwhmxyz

shanusmagnus July 15, 2014 10:30AM