AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 02, 2014 05:02PM
Hello,

When I ran 3dDeconvolve to make the first-level models for my regular analysis, I specified GAM as the response model and specified that the duration of the stimulus was 3 seconds, keeping the other default parameters the same. (So after the .1D timing file, it specifies 'GAM(8.6,.547,3)'.
Now I'm running a context-dependent correlation analysis and have a question about using waver to create the impulse response function. I am wondering if I should modify the impulse response function to mirror what I did with the first analysis, but if so how? The waver help says you can modify the GAM waveform including setting the delay time to # seconds. This doesn't seem analogous to what is happening when you specify a stimulus duration for the GAM waveform in 3dDeconvolve (where the description reads that the GAM function is convolved with a square wave of duration 'd' seconds). Should I modify the GAM waveform in waver and if so how, so that I mirror what I did in my regular analysis?

Thanks!
Subject Author Posted

using waver and -GAM waveform

lianablair December 02, 2014 05:02PM

Re: using waver and -GAM waveform

gang December 03, 2014 01:14PM