AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 08, 2015 10:12PM
Hi! My functional data are in RPI orientation (as per 3dinfo -orient) & have been warped to MNI space. I'm trying to make masks in two different ways:

(1) Making anatomically-based ROIs using regions from the TT_Daemon, which has more of the regions I need, then warping them to MNI space using 3dWarp -tta2mni
(2) Making spherical ROIs using MNI coordinates from relevant literature

I've read that AFNI defaults to RAI. Moreover, in using "Jump to (MNI)," I think I'm noticing small differences in where the coordinates are ending up on the brain relative to where to expect them.

Given all this, is there something I should be paying attention to or changing to make sure that everything I'm doing is legit? For example, should I reorient all my functional datasets to RAI? Or the warped masks to RPI? Or should I adjust the coordinates from the literature -- in what way? -- so that they're consistent w/ RPI?

Thanks in advance! -Robie
Subject Author Posted

Orientation considerations for making ROIs

neurobie January 08, 2015 10:12PM

Re: Orientation considerations for making ROIs

rick reynolds January 13, 2015 04:06PM