AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 06, 2015 06:40PM
Dear AFNI gurus,

I'm writing about using the AFNI matlab tool WriteBrik.m

My intention is to run statistics in matlab and then write a brik that can be used in AFNI's viewer GUI with cluster thresholds defined from 3dClustSim.

I've ran statistics on a voxel-wise basis using matlab, resulting in a p-value for each voxel for a particular masked region. I've used BrikLoad.m to load the mask file, and replaced the masked voxel values (i.e., volume values of 1s) with the respective p values. Then I've written a brik using WriteBrik.m, using the info from the BrikLoad. When I open the resulting p-value map (in brik format) using the AFNI GUI, the values in the overlay have a value of 0 or 1, not the pvalue that was computed. What is strange is that the autoRange is properly set (i.e., it doesn't see only 1s). Do you know why I might be only seeing 0s and 1s in my Brik when viewed using the GUI? I imagine I could use AFNI's 3dttest++ in this case, but I'd like to be able to use matlab in the future for statistical endeavors.

Moreover, it looks like the Clusterize tool is used with values OVER a certain threshold, so I imagine I could set the threshold at 0.95 and invert the p-values (i.e., 1 - p, for each voxel) in order to set a threshold that would correspond to a p-value of 0.05 in the original dataset. I imagine there may be a better way? Like can WriteBrik be used to create the sort of statistical maps that AFNI is use to? If so, what do you recommend?

Many thanks,

Matthew
Subject Author Posted

question about WriteBrik

Matthew_2 May 06, 2015 06:40PM

Re: question about WriteBrik

Isaac Schwabacher May 07, 2015 11:59AM

Re: question about WriteBrik

ziad May 07, 2015 02:09PM