AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 09, 2015 05:47PM
Hello,

When using 3dmaskave across different data sets which have the same sized voxels, and no specific threshold, I expected the number of voxels per ROI which survived to be the same, and that isn't turning out to be the case. I'm trying to figure out if this is a systematic problem or not. For example, I created a mask with several ROIs, all the exact same size and on one group of data running 3dmaskave tells me that 19 voxels survive for every ROI, the same number of voxels per ROI, per person. This is what I expected as all ROIs are exactly the same size and there's no specific threshold given, thus I imagine it is just giving me the average time series for every voxel in an ROI of that size. However, when I brought the same mask over to a different data set, it is now giving me, not just different values surviving per ROI than in the previous data set, but also different values surviving within this new data set..for example, ROI 1 has 68 voxels surviving, ROI 2 has 61 voxels surviving..The voxel sizes for both data sets are the same..The only thing that is shifted is the dimension(LPI). I had to shift the mask to be aligned with the new data set..even if that somehow changed the number of voxels which survive, I would still expect it to be consistent(i.e. 68, 68, etc.). This seems like a rather simple issue, I'm not sure what the problem is. I appreciate any help!

Thank you
Sam DeWitt
Subject Author Posted

Quick 3dmaskave question

dewitt.77 May 09, 2015 05:47PM

Re: Quick 3dmaskave question

rick reynolds May 11, 2015 09:07AM

dewitt.77 May 12, 2015 12:02PM

rick reynolds May 12, 2015 04:19PM