AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 08, 2015 12:28PM
I am interested in doing a beta series correlation analysis and thus want to use -stim_times_IM to extract a beta estimate for each trial. However, in my event-related design, the event of interest (the delay period in a working memory task) varies in duration across trials. So I've been using -stim_times_AM1 to perform duration modulation for this regressor. My question is, is there a way to combine the stim_times_IM and stim_times_AM1, and thus get a beta weight for each trial of a series of duration modulated events?

Alternatively, it seems like one option would be to use -stim_times_IM and seperate the delay period trials into groups with the same duration (there are only three different durations). In other words, split the single delay period -stim_times_AM1 regressor into three -stim_times_IM regressors, each with their own specific duration built into the Rmodel. Is this the approach I need to pursue?

Thanks!
Ryan
Subject Author Posted

stim_times_IM with duration modulation

rmruczek July 08, 2015 12:28PM

Re: stim_times_IM with duration modulation

Isaac Schwabacher July 13, 2015 03:31PM