AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 05, 2016 11:28AM
So due to some miscommunication with the scanner techs, there is a slight hiccup with a functional dataset. The scanner wasn't centering the image in the frequency space, and as a result the slices appear with some, or no, random shift in the Z plane. I can't imagine I am the first person to have done this, and am wondering if there is a function or tool that can be used to undo the phase shift applied to the functional images so that they are all aligned with respect to each other. It's a 2D shift along only one axis, and looking over the math for FFT and shifts it seems like it should be a reversible effect, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else has already made a solution to this problem. Thank you for your time.
Subject Author Posted

Correcting functionals

nicreap October 05, 2016 11:28AM