AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 03, 2016 01:24PM
Hi all,

I'm no stranger to troubleshooting alignment woes, but this is a particularly frustrating case, and I welcome any tips.

I have a dataset with about 15 T1w structural images and ~80 resting state EPIs (same brain). The T1w image is more or less AC-PC, whereas the EPIs are extremely oblique. Long story short, the align_epi_anat.py segment of my afni_proc.py pipeline is not having a great time. I have typically managed this across a dataset by figuring out the general shifts and rotations necessary to get things reasonably close to alignment with the T1w structural, and then apply 3dZeropad and 3drotate across all of the EPIs. The trouble is that the EPIs vary pretty widely in how far off they are, and in what ways. Thus, if I figure out a ballpark set of parameters to use for one scan, it will work on a dozen or so and fail on all the rest. (For the record, I did not acquire these data...)

Is there some way I can: A) prepare my EPIs such as to minimize the probability of an alignment error, and/or B) loop through and figure out the approximate shifts/angles I need to apply to each dataset...
...or am I: C) basically stuck nudging each dataset manually before running afni_proc.py?

Cheers!
-Zach

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2016 01:25PM by zreagh.
Subject Author Posted

Particular alignment dilemma...advice appreciated

zreagh October 03, 2016 01:24PM

Re: Particular alignment dilemma...advice appreciated

Colm Connolly October 03, 2016 06:23PM

Re: Particular alignment dilemma...advice appreciated

zreagh October 12, 2016 01:44PM