AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 19, 2016 07:40AM
Hi!

So I know you can create ROIs by going to plugins and select Draw Dataset. There you can "Choose Atlas" and then region.

Problem 1: When clicking on the lists of regions all of them are displayed. Even if I have a huge screen a couple if rows (about 4 for my screen and about half if you run a laptop) are not visible since they are below the screen. This is problematic if you want to use the plugin.

It also seems like you, in AFNI functions, can specify regions by e.g. typing TT_Daemon::amygdala. This works as dataset input instead of actually having the HEAD and BRIK for that region.

Problem 2: Were can I find a list of the names of these regions? I can go to the viewer to get the list for the TT_Daemon atlas but if I would like to specify regions from e.g. the CA_N27_ML Atlas where can I see the possible regions? Is there a textfile or someting in AFNI? In the whereami help it says:

++ ----- Atlas list: -------
++ Name             Space    Dataset              Description
++ __________________________________________________________
++ TT_Daemon                 TLRC            /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TTatlas+tlrc Talairach-Tournoux Atlas                                    
++ CA_N27_ML                 TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_caez_ml_18+tlrc Macro Labels (N27)                                          
++ CA_N27_MPM                TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_caez_mpm_18+tlrc Cytoarch. Max. Prob. Maps                                   
++ CA_N27_PM                 TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_caez_pmaps_18+tlrc Cytoarch. Probabilistic Maps                                
++ CA_N27_GW                 TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_caez_gw_18+tlrc Cytoarch. Prob. Maps for gray/white matter                  
++ CA_N27_LR                 TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_caez_lr_18+tlrc Left/Right (N27)                                            
++ CA_ML_18_MNIA             MNI_ANAT        /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//MNIa_caez_ml_18+tlrc Macro Labels (N27)                                          
++ CA_MPM_18_MNIA            MNI_ANAT        /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//MNIa_caez_mpm_18+tlrc Cytoarch. Max. Prob. Maps                                   
++ CA_PM_18_MNIA             MNI_ANAT        /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//MNIa_caez_pmaps_18+tlrc Cytoarch. Probabilistic Maps                                
++ CA_GW_18_MNIA             MNI_ANAT        /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//MNIa_caez_gw_18+tlrc Cytoarch. Prob. Maps for gray/white matter                  
++ CA_LR_18_MNIA             MNI_ANAT        /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//MNIa_caez_lr_18+tlrc Left/Right (N27)                                            
++ DKD_Desai_PM              TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_desai_dkpmaps+tlrc Probability maps of 35 cortical areas (gyri)                
++ DD_Desai_PM               TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_desai_ddpmaps+tlrc Probability maps of 75 cortical areas                       
++ FS_Desai_PM               TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_desai_fspmaps+tlrc Contains 40 subcortical areas                               
++ DD_Desai_MPM              TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_desai_dd_mpm+tlrc Contains the maximum probability maps of Desai DD and FS maps
++ DKD_Desai_MPM             TT_N27          /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//TT_desai_dk_mpm+tlrc Contains the maximum probability maps of Desai DKD and FS maps
++ MNI_VmPFC                 MNI             /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//MNI_VmPFC+tlrc Ventromedial Prefrontal Cortex                              
++ Haskins_Pediatric_Affine_ HaskinsPeds     /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//HaskinsPeds_aff_atlas1.0+tlrc.HEAD Version 1.0                                                 
++ Haskins_Pediatric_Nonline HaskinsPeds     /var/www/html/pub/dist/bin/linux_xorg7_64//HaskinsPeds_NL_atlas1.0+tlrc.HEAD Version 1.0
But I did not manage to go to these locations.

Last thing: When typing TT_Daemon::Location, what is happening? I mean, I cannot see a function/program in abin called TT_Daemon? Where is it? :P

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 07:43AM by Robin.
Subject Author Posted

ROI: Atlas Location list?

Robin October 19, 2016 07:40AM

Re: ROI: Atlas Location list?

Peter Molfese October 19, 2016 08:35AM

Daniel Glen October 19, 2016 11:31AM

Robin October 20, 2016 04:25AM

Daniel Glen October 20, 2016 02:32PM