AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 15, 2016 02:10PM
Hello,

I have a question regarding linear contrasts output from 3dMVM in comparison to output from 3dttest++

I have a 2x3 within subject design.

factor1: with 2 levels= pre, post

factor2: with 3 levels= one, two, three

We ran 3dMVM and setup several glt tests. One of the tests involved collapsing across 3 levels for Factor2 for level pre of Factor1

-gltLabel 1 'pre_Factor123' -gltCode 1 'factor2 : .333*One.333*two .333*three factor1 : 1*pre' \

The second contrast involved collapsing across 3 Factor2 for level post of Factor1

-gltLabel 2 'post_Factor123' -gltCode 2 'factor2 : .333*One .333*two .333*three factor1 : 1*post' \

The third contrast tried to find the difference between pre-post factor1, collapsed across all 3 levels of factor2.

-gltLabel 3 'Factor123_pre-post' -gltCode 3 'factor2 : .333*One .333*two .333*three factor1 : 1*pre -1*post' \

Is this correct?

We collapsed across all 3 levels for factor 2 and ran a simple paired ttest with 3dttestt++ to cross-check. We get pretty much the same result for means and mean differences, but the t and p-values are different? Why is that the case?

I think it might be the degrees of freedom.

We have 36 subjects per each of the 3 levels for Factor2. The statpar from 3dttest++ is 107. The statpar for the bucket of each of the 3 contrasts described for 3dMVM is 35.

Why is this?

Thanks.

Michael
Subject Author Posted

3dMVM contrasts vs 3dttest++

mrif November 15, 2016 02:10PM

Re: 3dMVM contrasts vs 3dttest++

gang November 16, 2016 02:28PM