AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 25, 2017 12:51PM
Hi,

Out of interest, how exactly are bandpass regressors specified in 3dTproject? There is no option to output the design matrix, so I can't see.

However, when I attempt to define the regressors myself and then use the -ort option, I get results that are similar, but not as smooth as when using the -bandpass fbot ftop option (see attached, my attempt in red).

With N (even number) data points [0..N-1] I specify N/2 cosine regressors and (N/2)-1 sine regressors

cos(2*pi*f*[0..N-1]) and sin(2*pi*f*[0..N-1])

where f={1,2,..round(fbot*TR*N),round(ftop*TR*N),...N/2) for cosine and f={1,2,..round(fbot*TR*N),round(ftop*TR*N),..N/2-1} for sine.

Perhaps this is a naive way to do it, as it doesn't give as smooth results, and I'm not sure how to deal with an odd number of data points.

Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks

Joe
Attachments:
open | download - bandpass.jpg (98 KB)
Subject Author Posted

3dTproject bandpass regressors? Attachments

jwhittaker April 25, 2017 12:51PM

Re: 3dTproject bandpass regressors?

rick reynolds April 26, 2017 08:34AM

Re: 3dTproject bandpass regressors?

jwhittaker April 26, 2017 09:47AM