AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 26, 2017 02:04PM
Hello,

I’ve read in the 3dclustSim help output the issue that can arise from trying to find a cluster size for a given with small ROI masks, p, alpha combination. I'm wondering though, what AFNI users do to circumvent this issue? In SPM I know pit is typical to apply RFT with a certain z score cut off. But I haven't been able to find how one might go about that in AFNI. The context of my particular issue is explained below.

I'm using 3dClustSim to ascertain a cluster size threshold when using an ROI mask of 12 ROIs in my resting state connectivity analysis. These are bilateral, and given the homotopic nature of the regions, I treated the bilateral seeds as combined in terms of multiple comparison (thus having 6 total comparisons). A straight Bonferroni correction (with 6 comparisons) would say that anything which passes a p threshold of < 0.008 would be significant. And indeed, if I just 3dmaskave the values from the z transformed connectivity maps and run a simple one sample t test I can find which seeds pass this threshold. But that is ignoring the issue of correlation among regions, which violates an assumption of independence for Bonferroni.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sam DeWitt
Subject Author Posted

3dClustSim for small ROI masks

dewitt.77 June 26, 2017 02:04PM

Re: 3dClustSim for small ROI masks

gang June 28, 2017 07:19AM

dewitt.77 June 28, 2017 09:52AM

dewitt.77 June 28, 2017 02:00PM