AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 13, 2017 04:18PM
Hey Gurus:

I know you can do this with BASH commands but given this is part of the new way to do cluster correction I figured this might help others so I decided to post it.

I am in the process of doing the new cluster correction procedure.
I have run FWHMx on my subjects' residuals and gotten out the relevant acf a,b,c parameters.
I have taken these parameters and put them each into their own files which are just 1 column files with 51 (subjects) acf 'a' (or 'b' or 'c') values.

My question: Is there a 1deval tool (or 3dcalc I guess?) that can just take column averages?
I tried setting the 1D file to the variable 'a' and using the 3dcalc mean(a) expression but that means across variables so I just get the original file again.

I do know 'awk' can do this but if there's an AFNI command I'm overlooking I'd love to know it and figured others may as well.

Thanks guys!
Lauren
Subject Author Posted

1D File Column Averages

lhopkins July 13, 2017 04:18PM

Re: 1D File Column Averages

rick reynolds July 13, 2017 04:31PM

Re: 1D File Column Averages

lhopkins July 13, 2017 04:55PM