AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 22, 2017 01:18PM
Hello,

I was attempting to do an AFNI update in order to gain access to some newer options (specifically the ACF method of 3dClustsim). The @update.afni.binaries command could not be recognized on my Ubuntu 12.04 system. So I was attempting a manual update by downloading the linux.ubuntu_16_64.tgz package. This however, was stopped part of the way through as it could not recognize the directory from which my matlab was being run when I was asked to specify. Now, when I open AFNI (which opens fine) even the most basic commands will no longer run, like 3dinfo. Instead I get the following

/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.23' not found(required by 3dinfo).

I suspect that the update getting aborted halfway through meant it was replacing certain drives/files and did not finish. So to try to remedy this mess I thought perhaps I should just re-download AFNI altogether, and hopefully that would solve bother problems, as it would give me the most updated version with the needed new options. However, none of the sudo commands for the 15.10 and earlier AFNI installations appear to be working in my terminal. whenever I enter sudo apt, I get 'command not found", sudo -apt, simply gives me information about the inputs sudo expects, none of which are in the format of the AFNI download instructions. I also tried sudo -yum, but that does not seem to work either. If anyone has encountered similar issues to this, I would greatly appreciate it. It seems I've managed to take what was a simple problem and make it far more complicated than necessary. Thanks in advance!

Sam
Subject Author Posted

Updating AFNI on Ubuntu 12.04

dewitt.77 August 22, 2017 01:18PM

Re: Updating AFNI on Ubuntu 12.04

rick reynolds August 22, 2017 03:02PM

dewitt.77 August 22, 2017 04:01PM

rick reynolds August 22, 2017 04:35PM

dewitt.77 August 22, 2017 05:01PM