AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 13, 2017 12:05PM
Hi all,

I am working on prepping images for preprocessing and running my MPRAGE files through 3dUnifize prior to using 3dSkullStrip.

I can definitely see that intensities have been normalized after 3dUnifize, but I am concerned about some peripheral areas of the white matter that still appear brighter than the rest, specifically areas close to the cortex. I tried adding the -gm option and the difference in those areas of the white matter still existed.

Is this something I should be concerned about? If so, how could I go about improving the images? I will attach photos of the before and after to give you all an idea of what I mean. In this example, the original is on the left and the unifized image is on the right.

I am using Version AFNI_17.2.09 (Aug 22 2017) and this is the line of code I ran: 3dUnifize -prefix 206_MPRAGE_unifize -input 206_anat_+orig.BRIK

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Samantha
Attachments:
open | download - Orig_vs_Unifized.png (444.8 KB)
Subject Author Posted

Question about 3dUnifize outcome Attachments

sewilliams October 13, 2017 12:05PM

Re: Question about 3dUnifize outcome

RWCox October 13, 2017 06:21PM

Re: Question about 3dUnifize outcome Attachments

sewilliams October 16, 2017 09:41AM

Re: Question about 3dUnifize outcome

RWCox October 17, 2017 11:51AM