AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 09, 2017 06:51PM
Hi!

I just wonder if it matters what volume you align to when it comes to motion regressors. Assume we don't do any warping, just the align block and for some reason (in this time real time fMRI) want to align the EPI volumes to an EPI volume from a previous run (localizer or seed mask from a pervious run). When preforming the regression of the current run with the motion regressors, will this mattter?

I base this on the assumtion that the motion regressors are generated during the alignment: The ammount you have to re-orient one EPI to the next gives motion and angulation in the 3 directions of space. If you then align to an EPI not from this run, will that cause problems?

I think it won't since i guess that would also cause trouble with the "align to min outlier volume" but I just want to make sure!

Thanks!
Subject Author Posted

Aligning to a previous run: Effects on motion regressors?

Robin November 09, 2017 06:51PM

Re: Aligning to a previous run: Effects on motion regressors?

rick reynolds November 09, 2017 08:56PM

Robin November 10, 2017 04:53AM

rick reynolds November 15, 2017 09:27AM