AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 18, 2017 08:38AM
In 3dttest++, I found an option to calculate one-sample permutation test. The description was as follows:
===============
The new-ish options '-Clustsim' and '-ETAC' will use randomization and
permutation simulation to produce cluster-level threshold values that
can be used to control the false positive rate (FPR) globally. These
options are slow, since they will run 1000s of simulated 3D t-tests in
order to get cluster-level statistics about the 1 actual test.
===============
However, what was done in this option was inconsistent with my knowledge about one-sample permutation test. Why the program run 1000s of t-tests not 1000s of means (this mean was group mean of random assigned 1/-1 for value of participants' voxel). What I meant was consistent with this idea:
It makes the assumption that under the null the pairs have the same distribution, which implies the differences on which the subsequent one-sample test is based is assumed to be symmetric. On that basis, the signs are randomly flipped on each difference. Well that's for a randomization test - for a full permutation test you'd do all 2^n possible combinations of sign-flips.
Subject Author Posted

permutation test in 3dttest++

charujing123 November 18, 2017 08:38AM

Re: permutation test in 3dttest++

RWCox November 20, 2017 08:07PM

Re: permutation test in 3dttest++

charujing123 November 20, 2017 10:10PM