AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Anonymous User
November 27, 2017 05:03AM
Hello everyone,

I have some questions about the 3dkmeans function.

1/ First, does this function appropriate for resting-state data, to determine functional clustering within a ROI.

As it is mention at the beginning of the help-page program, it seems that the algorithm used are based on the 'Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon C Clustering Library’.

2/ In this library, the pearson correlation scores are computed like this:
r =1/n * sum[ ( (xi−mean(x)) / sd(x) ) * ( (yi−mean(y)) / sd(y) ) ]
why not 1/(n-1) instead of 1/n ?

3/ does the 'uncentered' version corresponded to the Uncentered correlation (cosine of the angle) described by the 'Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon C Clustering Library'?

4/ in the -g 2 option, what do you mean by Weighted_Pearson_Correlation ?
I also wondering what the function 3dkmeans does whit the option -g 0 ?
It seems that it still create clusters, but I don't understand how (which algorithm is used)?

5/ Finally, the help-page mentioned that the -g 7 option is the default when there is only one value per voxel. But could we still use this metric for time-series data (meaning that there is several values per voxel?)

Sorry for all these questions and thank you for your reply.

Carole

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2017 03:08AM by carolege.
Subject Author Posted

questions 3dkmeans

Anonymous User November 27, 2017 05:03AM