AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Nan
October 27, 2017 01:07AM
Hi all,

I am recently using 3dsvm to analyze my data, and wondering if there is any method to prohibit the program to output the model file in the training mode.

Below is my situation.
My general aim is to find a subregion of ROI which includes the most representative voxels in the decoding algorithm
The basic method is:
1) run linear svm analysis on the ROI with 3dsvm;
2) select a subset of voxels which have big abstract weight values;
3) re-run the linear svm analysis in the selected voxels { repeat to Step 1) }.
4) when the selected voxel number reaches a threshold, do the prediction analysis.

3dsvm can deal with this process normally. But here is my concern. In the Step 1) above, 3dsvm is using the training mode. In this mode, there are usually two outputs: one is the model file calculated from the training process, which is supposed to be used for later prediction process; the other one is the weight file containing the distance of each voxel to the hyperplane in the model. In my case, in the recursive loop of Step 1) and 2), what I am caring about is only the weight file, not the model file.
However, the 3dsvm program treats the model file as a necessary output in the training model. Each model file has a rough size of 1 GB. Since I need to run the analysis for different ROIs and subjects, I have to keep writing and removing the model files in my disk. Writing these files consumes a considerable amount of time given the number of ROIs and subjects. So I would like to find a way to prohibit the model output to speed up my analysis.
So here is my question: is there a method for me to prohibit the 3dsvm program to output the model file in the training mode? Or is there any other program that I can use to achieve my intention?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Nan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2017 04:51AM by Nan.
Subject Author Posted

about 3dsvm: any setting to prohibit the model output?

Nan October 27, 2017 01:07AM

Re: about 3dsvm: any setting to prohibit the model output?

jlisinski October 31, 2017 03:09PM

Nan November 06, 2017 11:14PM

jlisinski November 14, 2017 10:20AM

jlisinski November 21, 2017 12:43PM

Nan November 23, 2017 04:54AM

Nan November 23, 2017 07:41AM

jlisinski November 27, 2017 10:32AM

Nan November 24, 2017 04:08AM

jlisinski November 27, 2017 11:02AM