AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 08, 2017 10:30AM
Dear AFNI developers and experts,
I encountered an issue that I had not quite expected in the behaviour of 3dresample. I found a way around this (using another tool) but wanted to post it here anyway in case other people experience the same issue.
Essentially, I have a functional image (pre.nii.gz) at an oblique angle that I want to upsample.
So I use:

3dresample -input pre.nii.gz -prefix pre_resampled.nii.gz -dxyz 1 1 1

I think the pre_resampled.nii.gz output somehow has a different oblique angle. Indeed, when I load pre as underlay and pre_resampled as overlay, AFNI tells me: "The underlay/overlay pair of datasets (...) have oblique angle difference of 22.60 degrees." When I click away that message the images do show up in alignment in AFNI. However, other tools disagree. For example fsleyes shows the two images as being wildly out of alignment (see attached figure). Also, when I do further processing with this such as applying transforms with this resampled image as a reference (using antsApplyTransform) the result is images that are cut.

I suppose this may somehow be the intended way for 3dresample to work, but for me it was unexpected, so I wanted to mention it here.
Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - orig_vs_resampled.jpg (121.1 KB)
Subject Author Posted

3dresample orientation effects Attachments

florisvanvugt December 08, 2017 10:30AM

Re: 3dresample orientation effects

Daniel Glen December 08, 2017 03:54PM

florisvanvugt December 09, 2017 03:39PM

rick reynolds December 11, 2017 08:48AM