AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 03, 2018 01:05PM
Hello,

I have two questions related to the output from @RetinoProc. I am using the script to create the somatotopy map and two sets of data (ccw/clw) to get the phase information.

1. I am wondering how the @RetinoProc script calculate the power from the time series. I think we can calculate the power by taking abs after applying Fast Fourier Transform. However, when I calculate the power manually and compared with the power value output from @RetinoProc, I could not get the same power values. Could you tell me how @RetinoProc script calculate the power?

2. How can I set the significance levels (p- or q-value) after running the @RetinoProc script? When I looked at the data in SUMA, both the p and the q value are set to N/A and I only have an option to change the thresholding which is the power value. I've searched this issue and found this https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/afni/community/board/read.php?1,136980,137212#msg-137212, but nobody answered this. Several methods related to the phase-encoding analysis are using correlation by estimating coherence or converting f-ratio (by comparing the power at the stimulus frequency to the power of the other frequencies) to p-value. Could you tell me how I can handle the significance levels?

Many thanks,
Taek
Subject Author Posted

output from @RetinoProc

Hyuntaek January 03, 2018 01:05PM

Re: output from @RetinoProc

Hyuntaek January 09, 2018 02:36PM