AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 19, 2018 11:17AM
I’m trying to create ROIs for resting state analysis from each subject’s task fmri. I wanted to pick ROIs from the peak activation of the largest clusters after cluster correcting to p<0.05. The problem I ran into was how to restrict to regions that are considered “language.”

To solve this issue, I’ve made a mask from meta-analysis of the term “language.” Then I use 3dcalc to find where the meta-analysis mask and my stats file for each subject overlap. Now, my question is whether it is better to threshold to significant clusters before or after the mask. I’ve used 3dClust to make a cluster mask before intersecting with the meta-analysis mask, and the resulting clusters are pretty much the same except the peak voxel is different. Again, why is that? From a significance standpoint, what is the best approach here?

On a different note, if instead I wanted to create a group activation map for one task, how would I do that? I tried using 3dMean and it works up until about 15 subjects. As the number of subjects increases, the size of the clusters decreases until there is nothing (around 15 people). If I have closer to 40-50 subjects, how could I make a group map that would result in one or a few peak clusters?

Thank you!!
Subject Author Posted

thresholding and 3dMean Group activations

rolinskira January 19, 2018 11:17AM

Re: thresholding and 3dMean Group activations

Bob Cox January 25, 2018 09:02AM