AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 26, 2018 07:22AM
Hi,

I’ve got this error message when using 3dttest++:

ERROR: Option -setA: dataset 'XXX' does not match first one in size
+ 'XXX' has 151552 voxels, but first one 'YYY' has 458575 voxels

and found that the difference in size depends on alignment option used in align_epi_anat.py. The XYZ dimension are as follows: original data – 64x64x37; after align with “-giant_move” option – 65x83x85; align without “-giant_move” or with “-big_move” option does not change the original data size.

I assume that the script (when using “-giant_move” option) “make some space” for shifting and rotating the image, so it results in bigger file.
My question is, whether it always resize the image the same way, i.e. does the result will always have 65x83x85 size?

For most of my data, “-giant_move” option works best. Thus, I need to match the rest to have the same size. My first idea is to use “3dZeropad -RL 65 -AP 83 -IS 85 (...)”. Is it correct, or you would recommend something else?
Or maybe there is a way to resize them back after alignment? For example to remove slices/voxels with “zeros” that are outside the brain? This actually would be a better option, because using “-giant_move” makes files almost 2 times bigger…

Thanks!
Aleksandra
Subject Author Posted

Different size of files after alignment with “-giant_move” option

Aleksandra Domagalik February 26, 2018 07:22AM

Re: Different size of files after alignment with “-giant_move” option

Daniel Glen February 26, 2018 01:55PM