AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 15, 2018 01:09PM
Hi AFNI experts,

I'm looking for the best way to look for a relationship between a certain continuous behavioral metric and beta image outputs of a GLM.

Each subject has 3 betas representing different parts of a task (difficulties), and each beta has an associated behavioral score. I expect these behavioral scores to differ a little between the three, but for now am only interested in the general effect of this score on activation. I will probably eventually want to know the effect of these 3 conditions as well, so I'm hesitant to average them.

I don't necessarily expect that this relationship is linear, though it's probably at least monotonic if not.

Is 3dMVM the best way to do this? I was going to just use a Spearman rank correlation, but am concerned that this may be wrong without accounting for having multiple measures per subject?

Thank you,
James
Subject Author Posted

Best way to look for effect of within-subject continuous variable?

Jamesp March 15, 2018 01:09PM

Re: Best way to look for effect of within-subject continuous variable?

gang March 16, 2018 10:29AM