AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 21, 2018 09:35AM
Hello folks,

I was happily testing the multiecho combine method, OC_tedort when I ran into an issue during the regression stage:
** ERROR: !! 3dDeconvolve: Can't run past 5 matrix warnings without '-GOFORIT 5'
which was new. I believe the only change was to apply motion regressors per run. The error itself comes from here,
++ Wrote matrix values to file X.nocensor.xmat.1D
*+ WARNING: -------------------------------------------------
*+ WARNING: Problems with the X matrix columns, listed below:
*+ WARNING: !! * Columns 107 [morts_r02[3]#0] and 208 [morts_r02[104]#0] are (nearly?) collinear!
*+ WARNING: !! * Columns 112 [morts_r02[8]#0] and 211 [morts_r02[107]#0] are (nearly?) collinear!
*+ WARNING: -------------------------------------------------

I investigated these multiecho derived orts (morts is a nice name) and they are not just nearly collinear, they are absolutely identical. This is both before and after projecting out the good components.

is it a problem with the (large) number of regressors leading to some strange wrap around? The first run did not report any problems, but had a smaller number of regressors.

Also, would this large number of regressors (203, but total timepoints = 890) be expected slow down the 3dREML voxel loop?

Thanks for the work on multiecho! Let me know if there are any particular details you would like to see.
Subject Author Posted

OC_tedort error

dowdlelt May 21, 2018 09:35AM

Re: OC_tedort error

rick reynolds May 22, 2018 02:13PM

dowdlelt May 24, 2018 10:05AM

rick reynolds May 24, 2018 12:17PM