AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 27, 2018 09:00AM
Good morning AFNI folks,

Two fun things:
I'm looking through the script that afni proc script and I noticed something I think might be a small issue. I'm performing blip up and blip distortion correction, using single band reference images (created by the multiband sequence, very high contrast to noise). I also use the single band reference image from my functional run as the external_volreg_base (it the same as the functional data in all ways, except better contrast). This all works fantastically, and leads to what appears to be good anatomical alignment - however I think it could be improved.

Specifically, the align_epi_to_anat portion of the afni_proc output uses the original external_volreg_dataset, rather than the dataset that has been corrected for distortions by the blip up/down process. It seems that it would be better to use the undistorted, 'corrected data', to calculate the alignment with the anatomy, while continuing to use the original version as the volreg alignment target. Perhaps I have done something wrong, and that is why this is happening?

My second question also concerns blip up/down correction - is it possible to use different blip datasets per run? In one cases, I am doing a pre vs post comparison, and therefore want to include both runs of data in a single afni proc. Unfortunately, I can only use a single blip up/down dataset, even though there are likely differences in the head position and therefor distortions between runs. Is there any interest in adding the possibility of multiple blip datasets into a single afni proc run?

Thanks again for afni_proc - it has made my life so easy that I am finding new ways to make it difficult.
Subject Author Posted

afni proc blip up/down and align questions

dowdlelt June 27, 2018 09:00AM

Re: afni proc blip up/down and align questions

rick reynolds June 28, 2018 04:47PM

dowdlelt June 29, 2018 12:01PM

rick reynolds June 29, 2018 02:24PM

dowdlelt June 29, 2018 08:04PM