AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 27, 2018 12:30PM
Dear AFNI,

I'm representing several AFNI users at our institution in an attempt to install it on our HPC for command line, batch processing only. Our idiosyncrasy is that we'd can't use the gui functionality and our security guys would really like to avoid online checks/updates. I suspect I might not be the only one with this issue, so this is one for the message board!

The workflow would be to do image checks and viewing on local machines. In addition, we are hoping to do an offline install and remain offline. So, is this reasonably workable?

Next, would you please comment on my installation process?
Each user installs into their own home directory.

Dependencies:
All dependencies installed except:
Skipping the GUI:
No package xorg-x11-fonts-misc available.
No package PyQt4 available.
No package gnome-tweak-tool available.
No package xorg-x11-server-Xvfb available.
Our HPC:
No package netpbm-progs available.

Installation:
Download:
[afni.nimh.nih.gov]
[afni.nimh.nih.gov]
And then:
tcsh @update.afni.binaries -local_package linux_openmp_64.tgz -do_extras

Follow RedHat linux essentials, skipping the sections called “Install prerequisite packages” and “Make tcsh default shell” and “Reboot” and "Prepare for Bootcamp"

Thank you!

Joel
Subject Author Posted

AFNI Install No GUI, HPC

joelStod July 27, 2018 12:30PM

Re: AFNI Install No GUI, HPC

Daniel Glen July 31, 2018 11:44AM

rick reynolds August 06, 2018 10:59AM

joelStod August 23, 2018 05:49PM