AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 28, 2018 11:51AM
I converted a BRIK and HEAD file to nifti using 3dAFNItoNIFTI. The resulting .nii file is more than 4 dimensions and can't be read by some standard softwares, resulting in errors such as "Input data has incompatible dimensionality: Expected dimension is 4D and you provided a 5D image". Is there a way to restrict the dimensions in the conversion or modify the header so it is 4D (x, y, z and time), perhaps with nifti_tool?
I tried "nifti_tool -mod_hdr -overwrite -infile 025_prob_trial_reg.nii -mod_field dim '4 64 64 1'" to overwrite the file with 4 dimensions, but that resulted in "** found 4 of 8 modify values"

With nifti_tool -disp_hdr -infiles 025_prob_trial_reg.niii I can see there are 8 dimensions.

If it is helpful, nifti_tool -check_hdr -infiles 025_prob_trial_reg.nii results in
'header IS GOOD for file 025_prob_trial_reg.nii"
and nifti_tool -check_nim -infiles 002_prob_trial_reg.nii results in
"nifti_image IS GOOD for file 025_prob_trial_reg.nii"

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2018 11:58AM by daisyburr.
Subject Author Posted

help - Error in 3dAFNItoNIFT conversion

daisyburr September 28, 2018 11:51AM

Re: help - Error in 3dAFNItoNIFT conversion

Daniel Glen October 01, 2018 12:20PM

rick reynolds October 01, 2018 01:59PM

daisyburr October 01, 2018 06:39PM