AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 10, 2019 09:01AM
Hello,

I was wondering whether there is an objective value and threshold I can use to omit participants from group-level analysis based on the amount of movement they made during the task?

My data set contains a healthy control group and a group of patients that are prone to extensive movement. I have pre-processed my data and completed the quality check using the SS_review_driver command. Visually, I know there are 1-2 subjects who display a lot of movement in their anatomical scan and may need to be excluded. I have seen some papers exclude participants who have moved 4mm-6mm, but I am currently looking for an objective threshold to use. I have gone through the AFNI message boards and relevant posts including the “gen_ss_review_script.py –help_fields” and understand there are several measures that can be used to indicate noisy subjects, but I am wondering whether there is a specific measure and a threshold II can use?

I have provided some details of my data:

I censored motion at 2mm, included motion into my regression, and censored outliers at 0.1

Average censored motion range= 0.038-0.35
TSNR range= 72-253
Max censored displacement range = 1.03-18.06
Censor fraction= 0-0.19

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Best,
Tamara
Subject Author Posted

Participant movement

tamtam January 10, 2019 09:01AM