AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 31, 2019 07:40PM
Hello,

I am using 3dttest++ to explore associations between seed-to-voxel resting state connectivity and scores on a performance-based assessment of function in a sample of patients with schizophrenia. I am using the recommended -Clustsim option in 3dttest++ to use the permutation method to simulate the noise volume to identify clustersize thresholds for a set of voxelwise p-values. I was hoping to also try the recommended 3dClustsim -acf method to see if it yields similar cluster-size thresholds. Even though I used AFNI to perform the seed-to-voxel analyses, the data was pre-processed using Data Processing Assistant for Resting State fMRI software (DPARSF; [rfmri.org]). Given this, I am not sure of the three estimates to pass to the -ACF function. I gathered from this exchange on the message board (https://afni.nimh.nih.gov/afni/community/board/read.php?1,155089,155114#msg-155114) that this approach for cluster thresholding may not be valid if the data was preprocessed outside of AFNI (since afni_proc.py outputs these blur estimates for each subject). Is this right?

Can I use this method (3dClustim -acf -mask) if my data was processed using other software? If so, how do I obtain valid blur estimates for a given subject? I've been playing around with running 3dFWHMx -mask -acf, but wanted to ask these preliminary questions before I went any further. Thanks!

~Steph
Subject Author Posted

Clustsim/3dClustsim

share34 January 31, 2019 07:40PM