AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 27, 2019 10:58PM
Hi all,
I have several questions when I did 3dDeconvolve in afni. I have two runs for each subject and my processing steps are as follows:
1. I input two runs with -input option, so this two runs would be concatenated automatically, here I am confused with the -noblock option, the 3dDeconvolve help file says that if I want to consider two runs as a big run, then I should use -noblock, but I am not clear about what does it mean. In addition, what's the difference between input multiple runs using -input and -concat?
2. I preprocessed two runs separately, so each run has a motion file. I concatenated two motion files of two runs as one big motion file and insert it as a part of baseline model in 3dDeconvolve. Then I got a residual file for each subject.
3. I tried to use the residual to estimate my stimulus related response. In this step, should I prepare my stim files using global time?(for example, in first run, the stimulus onset time is 20, 80, 160; in second run, it is 40, 90, 150; suppose there are 200 seconds each run, should I prepare my stim file as 20 80 160 240 290 350? )

Looking forward to your response, thanks very much!

Best,
Jacky
Subject Author Posted

Do 3dDeconvolve using residual

Jack March 27, 2019 10:58PM