AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 29, 2019 11:02AM
Hello,

I am analyzing a between groups dataset (2 groups) using 3dttest++, and not sure if other function should be used rather than 3dttest++ for the following purpose. I also attached the code I used for 3dttest++ on the bottom. The datasets are seed-based resting-state functional connectivity (rsFC). Working Memory (WM) score was obtained from a behavioral task.

I would like to look at the 3-way interaction at the whole brain level of group x WM x age or the 2-way interaction of group x WM controlling age. Based on a previous post (link), I set up the analysis with setA being one group (e.g., control) and setB being the other group (e.g., patient), and put into my covariate file a column for age, a column for WM score, and an interaction term of age x WM score. I centered age and WM score for each group separately. Please let me know if this is the correct way, or are there better ways, to get the 3-way or 2-way interactions.

Also, what’s the regression model for the above 3dttest++ analysis? Is the following correct?

rsFC = a1(Age – mean_Age) + a2(WM – mean_WM) + a3(Age – mean_Age)*(WM – mean_WM) + a4(group) + a5(Age – mean_Age)*group + a6(WM – mean_WM)*group + a7(Age – mean_Age)*(WM – mean_WM)*group

Then, the a7 and a6 are the 3-way and 2-way interactions, respectively?

Thanks.
XD

------
3dttest++ \
-prefix ../Results_reg/reg_WM \
-center NONE \
-covariates ../Results_reg/reg_covariates.txt \
-setA HC \
A0037 Corr_A0037_r_STG_Z+tlrc \
A0046 Corr_A0046_r_STG_Z+tlrc \

A1065 Corr_A1065_r_STG_Z+tlrc \
A1082 Corr_A1082_r_STG_Z+tlrc \