AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 12, 2019 11:17AM
Hi AFNI experts,

I am writing because of a weird behavior with afni_proc and the conversion from original space to MNI space. I am collaborating with someone who wrote a piece of code in AFNI to preprocess MRI data and I am trying to replicate their experiement on a new dataset that I acquired myself.

Surprisingly when we run the same piece of code on our repsective machines, using the same input DICOMS for the EPIs and the T1, we do not get the same output volumes... Inspecting the output from afni_proc, I have observed that the nifti data are identical in both codes on each step of the pipeline until they get resampled in MNI space. In other words, all the +orig volumes are identical, but the +tlrc are not. my guess would then be that we are not using the same MNI templates... However as I said we are using exactly the same code, and especially this line :
-tlrc_base MNI_avg152T1+tlrc
which specifies the template as one the templates included by default in AFNI. I am using AFNI_19.1.07 'Caligula', and they may be using an older version, but I don't see why the templates would be different... Any idea?

Thanks in advance :)
Augustin
Subject Author Posted

Probem with conversion in MNI space in afni_proc

NegativePotato June 12, 2019 11:17AM

Re: Probem with conversion in MNI space in afni_proc

rick reynolds June 12, 2019 11:25AM

rick reynolds June 12, 2019 12:07PM

NegativePotato June 13, 2019 03:51AM