AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 03, 2017 02:23AM
Hi Everyone

I am trying to do classification of rs-fMRI data, The problem is that I have several rs-fMRI data for each person and I have to choose one among them (supposing that they all passed pre-processing steps) but I don't know how. I looked at the data that is left over by uber_subject.py, And I saw TSNR, When I checked the data carefully I saw that usually TSNR average, is correlated with TRs censored That means when the number of censoed TRs goes up usually average TSNR goes up too. So I guessed that lower TSNR would be better, so I chose the data with the least TSNR, But my results are very bad, so I went back and chose the ones with the highest TSNR, now my results are much more better. How is that possible? How can a subject that lost lots of its TRs have higher TSNR and works better when it comes to functional analysis?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2017 02:24AM by heretic133.
Subject Author Posted

What is TSNR?

heretic133 March 03, 2017 02:23AM

Re: What is TSNR?

rick reynolds March 11, 2017 09:41AM

charujing123 July 31, 2019 03:20AM

rick reynolds August 02, 2019 09:20AM