AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 21, 2019 06:39PM
Hi,

How are sets of sines and cosines for bandpass filtering via regression generated in 1dBport? I came across this post on the afni message board with a similar question but with an unclear answer. How are the frequencies to be removed represented with sines and cosines? Specifically, how are different phases represented and how is the resolution determined (i.e. how many regressors to generate)? A link to a paper with the relevant formulae and theoretical background would be great.

My goal in asking this question is to better understand how bandpass filtering can be done via OLS linear regression and how this method compares to other bandpass filtering methods (such as doing a FFT and multiplying by a rect function).

Thank you!

Vyom
Subject Author Posted

How does 1dBport work?

VyomR August 21, 2019 06:39PM

Re: How does 1dBport work?

rick reynolds August 22, 2019 12:24PM