AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
November 12, 2019 09:56AM
Hello,

I'm attempting to use 3dTcorrelate to obtain Spearman correlation values for the relationship between parents' and children's responses during a task condition. I first used 3dTcat to put each subject's values into sample datasets ('parent_sample_17dyads+tlrc' and 'youth_sample_17dyads+tlrc'). I then ran the following command:

3dTcorrelate -spearman -polort -1 -prefix parent_youth_spearman_corr_3dtcorr1d_17dyads parent_sample_17dyads+tlrc youth_sample_17dyads+tlrc

The results seem to make sense, but the only problem is the output does not provide p-values. It just says "[N/A]" below the slider. This doesn't happen when I use the default Pearson method. I tried using the '-automask' option, but for some reason that doesn't seem to work on my data. It actually tends to mask out the brain.

Is significance testing not supported for Spearman values with 3dTcorrelate?

Thank you,
Kara
Subject Author Posted

3dTcorrelate Spearman p-values

kkerr November 12, 2019 09:56AM

Re: 3dTcorrelate Spearman p-values

gang November 12, 2019 03:16PM

Re: 3dTcorrelate Spearman p-values

kkerr November 22, 2019 12:39PM